Established Titles – Buyer Beware
Written by: Doug
Published: 24th March 2020
You may have seen an advert promoting something called ‘Established Titles’ on Facebook or elsewhere, and perhaps you are wondering if they are legitimate or a scam?
We have done our own research, and offer this information in the spirit of friendly consumer advice.
What we know about Established Titles (updated November 2020)
- Established Titles traded for at least 7 months (between April 2020 and November 2020) from a website with no company name. Their website has now been updated and states that the company behind the website is Galton Voysey Limited, although curiously they do not give their company registration number or even name the jurisdiction their company is registered in, even though this is A LEGAL REQUIREMENT. We have checked with Companies House and there is no company by that name registered in the UK.
- The only address on their website is Lessendrum, Huntly, AB54 6XR, Scotland. This would appear to be an area of land from which they purport to sell their souvenir plots. It doesn’t appear to be the postal address of a building to which post can be delivered.
- The only named person on the website is Ms Katerina Yip, although this appears to be a spoof page written for the purposes of providing amusement rather than information for customers.
- Although they are charging $50, the standard offering is only a downloadable certificate. Anything printed costs extra.
- A quick Google search shows there is a company called Galton Voysey in Hong Kong, and their ‘Team’ page includes reference to the abovenamed Katerina Yip. There is no mention on their website of Established Titles that we can find.
- The Established Titles website states that the governing laws of its Terms and Conditions shall be the laws of the State of New York. This would seem to rule out the possibility that the website is operated by the company in Hong Kong?
- We have searched the New York State company database, and there is no company called Galton Voysey registered there.
How is Highland Titles different?
- We have been trading openly and honestly for 14 years
- We meet thousands of our customers face to face every year at our nature reserve
- We uniquely identify each and every souvenir plot that we sell with latitude, longitude and OS co-ordinates
- We have an average score of 9.6/10 on the independent review site, Trustpilot, with more than 9000 reviews
- Our nature reserve holds the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, with hundreds of 5 star reviews
- Our nature reserve is an official 4* tourist attraction with Visit Scotland, Scotland’s national tourist board