The Highland Titles Nature Reserve at Glencoe Wood
Made possible by the Lords and Ladies of Glencoe. Open to all.
The first Highland Titles Nature Reserve, opened in 2007, is made up of thousands of plots which are supported by a global community of Lairds. This land is free to visit whether you have purchased a plot or not. Located close to the historical Glencoe, the reserve is one of two Highland Titles reserves and is also an established 4 star visitor attraction. Every person that purchases a plot from Highland Titles becomes a Laird, Lord or Lady of Glencoe, even if it is a 1 sqft plot. We welcome all to visit this special area of the Scottish Highlands and thank you all for your ongoing support.
The Highland Titles Nature Reserve is sustained by the ongoing support of the over 100,000+ Highland Titles community. With the purchase of every plot, we are able to work with our partners to plant more trees, build more shelters for the animals that inhabit the reserves, and progress in our efforts to conserve the land for future generations as well as offer a unique and charming gift to those who support the progress of our efforts.
Visit the Reserve
Whether you’re dropping by to visit your plot or just looking for a beautiful place to spend the afternoon, the Highland Titles Nature Reserve couldn’t be easier to find. We’re well signposted on all main roads and area a reasonable distance from many popular destinations in Scotland! Our Meet and Greet Service is a very special offering especially for our Community and allows our Lords, Ladies and Lairds to visit their plot of land with an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide.
This service must be booked well in advance as this is run by our very busy volunteers. Particularly in summer months, we can become fully booked sometimes months in advance. A voucher is included in your pack – or can be purchased before you visit.
To book an appointment, simply fill out the request form on the right and we will be in contact.
Book a Meet and Greet Online
Live Webcam & Weather
Click on the image to view an enlarged version.
|Date Last Updated||18/03/2018 09:18:13|
|Wind Speed||0.3 mph|
|Wind Chill||4.2 °C|
You may, of course, visit your plot without being met by us but we truly feel the experience is enriched with the added benefits of a guide. Everyone owning 10 square feet or more receives a voucher for one free trip. Vouchers are also available to purchase for a small sum. You are also welcome to enjoy the amenities of our Visitors’ Centre, located at the reserve’s main entrance.
- Free WiFi
- Visitor toilets
- Maps and walking trail routes
- Volunteers – ready to take 4×4 tours for those who have pre-booked with a voucher!
- Find and visit your plot
- Take in the views over Loch Linnhe
- Take advantage of our Meet and Greet service
- See the progress your support is facilitating
Activities in and around the reserve
- Exploring the secret garden
- Cycling the routes around the reserve
- Numerous hikes and walking routes
- Test your photography skills at our many scenic viewpoints
- Two hides help you observe the many birds and other animals that call the reserve home
- Check out SeaXplorer in nearby Ballachulish for exciting boat tours.
The most important thing is to appreciate the beauty around you! The Glencoe region is a beautiful, historical part of Scotland and there is a great deal to discover in the area. It is truly a destination for all seasons and in order to get the best out of the time you spend here, check out Discover Glencoe for some great advice on what to see and do!
Find your plot
If you are already a landowner with Highland Titles, then you’ve chosen to take an active part in restoring the once lush Highland landscape, ravaged by commercial forestry and overgrazing over the years, to its former glory. You are also helping to conserve and protect the plants and animals that call these areas home and keep them safe from further devastation.
Whether you can make it to Scotland or not, we give you the chance to locate your plot 3 different ways!
The Scottish Estate Manager app
- Stay in touch with your plot from anywhere in the world.
- Free to download and available for Apple and Android devices
- Many great features to uncover
Plot locator map
- Each plot is uniquely identified by its Ordnance Survey (OS) Grid Reference number
- This will allow you to get to the approximate location of your estate.
- Because it is impractical to stake each plot, you will require a GPS to get the last few metres to the exact location of your estate.
- Learn more about the difference between OS and GPS coordinates
Using your own GPS device/Google Maps
- Along with your unique OS grid reference number, your Certificate of Sale includes the latitude and longitude co-ordinates of your plot.
- Simply enter the co-ordinates into your device and enjoy the adventure!
Finding the reserve
Highland Titles Nature Reserve
Duror of Appin
Tel: 01631 740333
To find our car park, set your GPS for [56.627174,-5.311716]
Arrive by car
The Glencoe Wood estate is located off the main road (A828) between Oban and Fort William in the Highlands of Scotland. The nearest village is Duror, and the nearest Post Code is PA38 4BW. Parking at the Nature Reserves is free.
Arrive by rail
The nearest train stations are Fort William (approximately 20 miles away) and Oban (approximately 25 miles away).
Arrive by bus
Citylink coaches leave from Edinburgh and Glasgow regularly and stop in Duror.
The occasional Stagecoach service from Fort William terminates at “Duror, School”. Alight here and walk south about a mile and the entrance to the nature reserve is on your left, just before crossing the bridge over the Salachan Burn.
- Glasgow (2 hrs 15 mins)
- Edinburgh (2 hrs 45 mins)
- Inverness (2 hrs 30 mins)
Glencoe Wood 5 Year Plan
The heart of Highland Titles lies in the conservation work we endeavour to complete in both of our reserves. As time goes by, the plans we have for these areas tend to evolve – but that doesn’t mean we don’t have a plan. Take a look at our past plans and current 5 year plan to see where we hope to take things next.